Reporting to Artisan Council’s Senior Art Director, you will be goal, timeline and analytically driven, and a team player, and demonstrate leadership and ownership of your work and resilience in the face of client feedback. You’ll be an integral part of our creative team, bringing relevant content themes to the table and developing them on the fly, as well as planning out content, photoshoots and other content production initiatives while working collaboratively with team members to understand client needs, feedback and timelines.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our mission is to create a happy, safe, considerate and inspiring work environment for all. We embrace diversity and want you to bring your whole self to work.
What will you be responsible for?
In a nutshell, you will plan, create and deliver content in various formats for various platforms and strategies, report on it, and transform those insights into actions; specifically for social media, but for other marketing channels as well. You will be responsible for being up to date on content trends across all social media platforms (established, as well as up and coming ones) and bring creative ideas that blend client KPIs and strategic needs with innovation.
Reporting to the Senior Art Director, you will be responsible for leading projects such as photoshoots and external content production, and you will work hand in hand with multiple internal stakeholders to brainstorm, create and plan out various types of content, including managing external production contractors, and the tasks and time management of junior team members.
- Social Media Strategy + Account Management, including:
- Attending client calls/meetings + presenting creative ideas/presentations as needed
- Working with the Account Directors and client on high-level visual and content direction.
- Ideating creative needs to help execute social content strategies across all Artisan Council clients; joining regular Client facing calls or meetings where necessary.
- Consuming monthly, internally-produced, client Social Media reports and observing trends in content engagement and performance, to help advise future content strategies and art direction.
- Striving to position Artisan Council as a leader in the creative space, specifically for social media marketing and content production.
- Social Media content production, including:
- Being independently aware of project due dates + working across the whole team to make sure all deadlines are met, consulting and informing the Creative Director of progress and execution along the way
- Presenting briefs, pre-production decks, and post-production edit decks on client calls
- Working with junior level creative team member to develop briefs
- Photo and video shoot production and execution for client needs, from ideation, to planning to proposals to full delivery:
- Working with the Producer to ensure consistency between creative + pre-production, including giving direction when consulted on props, backgrounds/surfaces, models, locations, stylists, and DPs
- On set art direction of creative briefs including working with the Producer, Director, and Prop Stylist to ensure execution of client-approved brief, and developing a relationship with the client to address feedback live on set
- Delivering client feedback to video editing partner via frame.io after R1 delivery, ensuring that both your creative brief/vision and client feedback has been addressed before each round of delivery
- Optimizing social media content including videos to meet business needs and client KPIs.
- Communicating & liaising with Creative Director and across all teams to ensure full project delivery timeline communication, deliverables and expectations accuracy and productive project execution.
- Knowledge and authority:
- Especially of key client competitors and other ones to watch.
- In emerging design and content trends.
- In emerging and available social media channels and tools, and the applicable specifications and capabilities of those creative units.
- In emerging and available design software tools, and the capabilities of those tools.
- Ensuring all billable and non-billable expenses incurred by the Art/Design department are correctly logged and submitted to Finance by the monthly deadlines.
- Notify Finance of invoices to be paid for content responsibilities, including photography and video creation, as well as other OOP costs related to job function.
- Understanding overall business objectives.
- Proposing and enforcing processes for creative briefing, pitches etc amongst the Artisan Council team.
- Time Management:
- Managing time allocations under each client or campaign contract.
- Strategically planning for and utilizing hourly allocations per individual client, including time of team members that may fall under these allocations.
- Personnel Management:
- Managing responsibilities of Producers, Art Directors, Graphic Designers, Graphic Design Assistants, Creative Assistants, and ensuring their KPIs are met.
- Developing a large network of external content production contractors, and choosing the most appropriate external contractors for each client/campaign need.
- Managing external content production contractor relationships, and Production teams when required, enforcing all contractual obligations.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS + EXPERIENCE
Please note carefully. Applicants without this experience will not be considered.
- 4+ years relevant experience in Art Direction with a focus on D2C, beauty brands, and consumer products.
- 4+ years relevant experience in Graphic Design, especially with the Adobe Suite (most importantly, Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects, with a focus on 2D animation mockups, D2C, beauty brands, and consumer products.
- Animation (2D/3D) skills a plus.
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS skills is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of video editing software a plus.
- You will have an exceptional understanding of consumer online behavior, trends and market analysis, specifically in the beauty and D2C brand markets.
- You will have a working knowledge of Google Docs, Google Sheets, and the Office suite.
- You will have project management experience, including experience in testing and delivering online campaigns; development projects including websites and landing pages, and more.
- You will have familiarity with project management and content planning tools such as Trello, Asana, Jira, Basecamp and more, and the ability to learn new systems.
- You will have excellent written, verbal and visual communication skills.
- You will live and breathe social media and online content, and have evidence of a developed social media/web presence, especially on TikTok.
- You will be a creative thinker and problem solver, able to generate multiple ideas and fresh creative approaches on the go.
- You will have knowledge of and passion for technology, media, cultural & content trends, and value and contribute to team brainstorms & conversation in these areas.
- You will be a self-starter, possessing the ability to act and operate efficiently and independently to accomplish objectives.
- You will have optimum time management skills with attention to detail, especially under pressure or time-sensitive deadlines.
- You will be willing to work nontraditional hours, independently, remotely, and go above & beyond where necessary.
- You will have an understanding of overall commercial business practices, trading terms and conditions.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K and 401K matching
- Commuter Benefits
- Additional Training – we support you seeking out additional training to excel further in your field.
- Annual Company Retreat
- Flexible Vacation Policy – we offer unlimited Paid Time Off, and close the office for two weeks in December to support you to take it.
- Corporate Social Responsibility Program – Artisan Council likes to give back, and you will have the option to participate in programs where you utilize your skills for better.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Working Group – an optional, additionally compensated role in a group.
- Summer Fridays all year long – we finish at 2pm on Fridays
$60-80k, Dependent on experience.