Reporting to Artisan Council’s Senior Art Director, you will be goal, timeline and analytically driven, and a team player, and demonstrate leadership and ownership of your work and resilience in the face of client feedback. You’ll be an integral part of our creative team, bringing relevant content themes to the table and developing them on the fly, as well as planning out content, photoshoots and other content production initiatives while working collaboratively with team members to understand client needs, feedback and timelines.
Together, we as a team are dedicated to building each other up and helping each other grow, and achieving goals together.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our mission is to create a happy, safe, considerate and inspiring work environment for all.
What will you be responsible for?
In a nutshell, you will plan, create and deliver content in various formats for various platforms and strategies, report on it, and transform those insights into actions; specifically for social media, but for other marketing channels as well. You will be responsible for being up to date on content trends across all social media platforms (established, as well as up and coming ones) and bring creative ideas that blend client KPIs and strategic needs with innovation.
Reporting to the Senior Art Director, you will be responsible for leading projects such as photoshoots and external content production, and you will work hand in hand with multiple internal stakeholders to brainstorm, create and plan out various types of content, including managing external production contractors, and the tasks and time management of junior team members.
- You will work with the Account Directors and client on high-level visual and content direction.
- You will ideate creative needs to help execute social content strategies across all Artisan Council clients; joining Client facing calls or meetings where necessary.
- You will conceptualize, and produce off-site production campaigns including photo and video shoots, with the assistance of the Junior Art Director.
- You will identify Graphic Design opportunities for client social media content strategies, both in and out of scopes of work (and putting forward proposals where they are out of scope).
- You will maintain an understanding of industry trends and provide relevant insights to teams as to how they might affect client accounts.
- You will conceptualize and design assets for evergreen social, paid social media campaigns, utilizing insights gleaned from internal reporting and rising content trends.
- You will create campaign reports and pitch decks, and their relevant assets, to be presented in Google Slides, as briefed by Account Strategists, Content Managers, Account Directors, and the Senior Art Director.
- You will assist the Senior Art Director in creating a network of vendors to utilize for content creation and production purposes (prop stylists, photographers, editors, etc.).
- You will source and brief external contractors on project needs and manage those projects from start to finish, being held accountable for their success.
- You will train junior employees to assist you while concurrently providing them with new experiences and insights.
- You will present ideas and strategies, analysis and reports, and attend off-site meetings (the latter when in-office work resumes).
What kind of skills should you have?
Please note carefully. Applicants without this experience will not be considered.
- 4+ years relevant experience in Art Direction with a focus on D2C, beauty brands, and consumer products.
- 4+ years relevant experience in Graphic Design, especially with the Adobe Suite (most importantly, Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects), with a focus on D2C, beauty brands, and consumer products.
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS skills is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of video editing software a plus.
- You will have an exceptional understanding of consumer online behavior, trends and market analysis, specifically in the beauty and D2C brand markets.
- You will have a working knowledge of Google Docs, Google Sheets, and the Office suite.
- You will have project management experience, including experience in testing and delivering online campaigns; development projects including websites and landing pages, and more.
- You will have familiarity with project management and content planning tools such as Trello, Asana, Jira, Basecamp and more, and the ability to learn new systems.
- You will have excellent written, verbal and visual communication skills.
- You will live and breathe social media and online content, and have evidence of a developed social media/web presence, especially on TikTok.
- You will be a creative thinker and problem solver, able to generate multiple ideas and fresh creative approaches on the go.
- You will have knowledge of and passion for technology, media, cultural & content trends, and value and contribute to team brainstorms & conversation in these areas.
- You will be a self-starter, possessing the ability to act and operate efficiently and independently to accomplish objectives.
- You will have optimum time management skills with attention to detail, especially under pressure or time-sensitive deadlines.
- You will be willing to work nontraditional hours, independently, remotely, and go above & beyond where necessary.
- You will have an understanding of overall commercial business practices, trading terms and conditions.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401K and 401K matching
- Commuter Benefits
- WFH Stipend
- Additional Training – we support you seeking out additional training to excel further in your field.
- Annual Company Retreat
- Flexible Vacation Policy – we offer unlimited Paid Time Off, and close the office for two weeks in December to support you to take it.
- Corporate Social Responsibility Program – Artisan Council likes to give back, and you will have the option to participate in programs where you utilize your skills for better.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Working Group – an optional, additionally compensated role in a group.
- Summer Fridays – we finish at 2pm on Fridays from Memorial Day through Labor Day.
Salary Range: $60,000 – $80, 000
Still reading? Great!
For bonus points, apply by posting to your TikTok account and tagging @artisancouncil! We can’t wait to see what you come up with 😉